Ok, firstly I need to ask myself why I quit my job in the first place to homeschool my son. What is it that the Kindergarten could not provide. Obviously the Kindergarten could not provide the one on one attention and more hands-on experience activities, incidental learning & of course more quality time with mommy! So this DIY Homeschool is designed mainly for kids ages 3-6 years old. You can start as early as 2 if you want to.
As for my son, the most important thing is I want my son to be a Hafiz, a person who is able to memorize the Holy Quran, recite excerpts from it at random place & understanding the meaning of the contents & applying them in his daily life.
We have searched everywhere, well around our vicinity & also a little bit further but we could not find any Tahfiz school that would admit a preschooler, but I know this is the BEST age to start so hence the DIY .....
Of course teaching the AlQuran requires an expert, a qualified teacher in this field. I coud not teach him except for the very basic, so I decided to Get the Qualified Teacher but Plan the Programme myself.
Alhamdulillah, we found a masjid near our home that teaches children of all ages, the AlQuran daily, from Monday to Friday for 3 hrs per session. That's what he needs. The rest of the day, he will do more experiential hands-on activities with me ....focussing on Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Arts & Crafts, Music & Movements, Physical education & outdoor activities, other sports & games; camping, rock climbing, archery, horseback-riding, swimming, track, trekking, canoeing, volley ball, basket ball etc .....
All these will be taught base on Islamic values with the main components from Seerah/Akhlaq, Tauhid, Fiqh & the Sunnah/Hadith. I will also be able to teach him to write basci arabic alphabet besides the roman penmanship skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment